CHURCHES, CHANNELS OF HOPE
Training of Facilitators:
The purpose of this program is to equip participants with the appropriate attitudes, knowledge and skills to be ‘Channels of Hope’ and assist faith communities in their journeys to HIV competence.
The CABSA Churches, Channels of Hope programme offers tools to help churches and communities respond to the needs created by HIV and AIDS. These tools include this facilitators training, that equips participants to run two or three day CABSA Churches, Channels of Hope workshops in their communities.
The successful participant will be:
• Equipped with thorough (scientific) knowledge on HIV and AIDS related topics and issues;
• Enriched and challenged to explore a Christian response to the challenges of HIV and AIDS;
• Empowered with facilitation skills and guidelines;
• Motivated to be a Channel of Hope.
Who should attend this programme?
The ideal candidate:
• Is a Christian leader who is ready to take responsibility and action within his or her own community and church.
• Should be comfortable with people and interested in facilitating HIV related workshops, information sessions and processes.
• Should preferably have previous exposure to HIV and AIDS related training and projects (or have the capacity to learn new information in a short time).
• Should have some prior experience of teaching, facilitation or public speaking, or show the potential to facilitate sessions.
• Should have the capacity to learn and express him or herself clearly in English (verbally and in writing).
Biblical Guiding Principles
The CABSA Churches, Channels of Hope programme is grounded in the following guiding principles:
We are compelled by the love of Christ
We accept others as Christ accepted us
We uphold the dignity and worth of all human beings
We identify with the Body of Christ
We serve others in practical acts of love and compassion
We speak the truth in love
We need wisdom from the Holy Spirit
We have a living hope
We are Christ’s ambassadors
We need to stand up for justice as prophets and priests.
Created with Tagul.com
Content of programme